1. Begin with straws.
(A super “cheep” tip: collect drinking straws from fast food places.) I cut each straw into three and four pieces.
2. Using about an inch size plastic circle--
3. I tied 36" (1 yard) piece of rope to the plastic circle. Please note that I've already attached the Quick Link. I continued tying rope (used about 16 pieces total) to the plastic circle.
4. I continued tying rope (used about 16 pieces total) to the plastic circle.
5. Next, thread a pony bead--
6. --then a straw, pony bead,
straw until the rope is full, but
just make sure you end
with a pony bead.
7. With one rope, I'd used the longer lengths of straw. For the next piece, I'd use the shorter straws.
More Quik N Easy Next Page
Large Plastic Bowl from the Dollar Store
Knife, Electric Knife, Dremel, etc. - Something to cut the bowl with
Cut opening in bowl. Make sure edges are smooth. You can run sandpaper or an emery board over them to smooth out rouge edges.
Turn upside down and your feathered friend has an Igloo!!!
Copernic gives his Igloo a
2 talons up
Paulie rope ( Approx 20”)
Shower curtain ring
30 Popsicle sticks assorted colors
3 wood beads
1 cat bell
Tools: Scissors - Drill
(if holes needed in popsicle sticks)
1- Cut Paulie rope to length ( approx. 20 “).
2- Tie loop knot in end of Paulie rope.
3- Start stringing 10 popsicle sticks- wood bead- 10 popsicle sticks- wood bead- 10 popsicle sticks - wood bead - cat bell.
4- Knot and secure.
5- Add shower curtain ring at top (where you made loop knot ) for hanging.